Checklist for an effective home study
- Writing tools - paper, pen, pencils, computer.
- Ready access to great books - ideas, reminders, diversions,
- Music - A home study should be a music room.
- No television - worthless distraction.
- Domesticated animal(s) - they handle rants, reading aloud and musical tastes better than humans.
- Comfortable seating - even if a domesticated animal is resting squarely behind your head.
- Varied lighting - windows, task lighting and room lighting for all situations.
- Busts of the dead - Inspiration (note to self: bring busts to home office).
- Table space - places to put things.
- Art - to stare at while thinking.
Don't miss Execupundit's additions and a view of Andrew Munro's home office.